Saturday, September 21, 2013

14 Miles along Ocean Drive - Part III

The group run continued.  Emer is known to carry her phone with her and we have relied on this to give us our distance, pace, etc.  "How far have we gone?" was asked one too many times though and I put a ban on using the iPhone app.  Being the tour guide I had that authority, right?  Without this information readily available, Isabelle ended up running 7 miles.  She then veered off to walk a short cut that would connect with us later in the run.

Meanwhile, Emer, Maura and I started the "Ocean Drive" section.


 The scenery was beautiful and we occasionally stopped to take it in.


I  maintained my tour guide role.  It was taken in good stride when all of a sudden tables turned.   


Glucose levels dropped and my "tour members" were accusing me of not warning them of the upcoming hills.  They wanted to fill out the survey and include this in the comment section.  What survey?


Then I was accused of withholding the survey until the endorphins kicked in so that I would get glowing reports.  I knew I had to do something - this part in the run is always challenging.  As we turned into Fort Adams State Park, I told everyone we would fill up our water bottles and have a pit stop at the Yachting Museum.


When we got there, I saw them...FREE Cliff Bar samples!  I guided everyone to the counter to take some.  Of course I told them they were complimentary with the tour today.  We left happy and got happier after the sugar reached our system.  Emer was shouting cheers for our team.  "Who are we?  We are runners!"  Yes, we were back on track.

We met Isabelle at the entrance to the park and she ran with us to the end.  Well, I should say in front of us...there was no stopping her!


When we reached Kings Park,  I had visions of Tarzan Brown.  In the 1938 Boston Marathon, Tarzan was leading on an unseasonably warm day when half way through the race, he waved to the crowd and jumped into Lake Cochituate to cool off.   I asked who wanted to jump in and I got a yes without hesitation from Emer.  I guess the Cliff Bar was still working.  


With just 2 miles to go, we had this.  We all arrived together, just another step in getting to the starting line.

   





1 comment:

  1. Judi Bola Online adalah permainan yang dapat memberi dampak atau akibat terhadap para pemainnya. Baik atau Buruknya akibat yang di terima oleh sang pecandu bukanlah hal yang ditakutkan. Melainkan sudah menjadi sebuah (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete